2019 Lok Sabha Elections are close and the people have already started searching for the Modi Government performance till now. Mr. Modi rode to power on the basis of high-end promises that he made to the people of the country. The promises that he made, looked material. Vowing valiantly to fulfill all of them made him the undisputed leader of the country. After a span of 4 years, a lot is being asked about the promises made and their completion. This blog is going to discuss this much frequently sought Modi Government performance till now. Moreover, you’ll see the list of government schemes and achievements of BJP after 2014.
Let’s start with the list of government schemes to Analyse the Modi Government performance till now
- Startup India Scheme: The scheme was launched with a grand reception. The aim was to provide funds to support startups in the country. It aimed at providing Rs. 10,000 Crore to the business in 4 years. Since it’s inception in Jan 2016 only 10% of the funds have been released and 90% of it still remains underutilized. So this definitely puts a question mark over the ability to run the list of government schemes defined.
- Make in India: Another high-end Modi scheme that failed to make it to an extent he would have thought of. This scheme aimed at removing FDI barriers in order to promote the products made in India. The initiative was a great one but failed to make it big due to bombings like demonetization and GST. It aimed at providing jobs to youngsters all over the country but its performance has also hindered the job opportunities. This has been refraining quality of the defined list of government schemes.
- Clean Ganga Project: We by far knew that it is never going to be easy for any government to clean such a big river. But the promises made by the current government made us feel that yes it can be done. But had it been done? No. Uma Bharti promised a clean river by 2018 but that is yet to be seen. Her successor Mr. Gadakri has promised that 80% of the river would be cleaned by May 2019. But that too seems to be a fake promise. Of Rs. 20,601 crore that has been allotted for different projects only Rs.4,254 has been utilized. And underutilization of funds puts a question mark on government’s capability to keep its promises.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan: This scheme tops the list of government schemes and has is counted among its achievements. Over 6 crore toilets have been constructed under the scheme in different parts of the country. In some states, the responsibility of the government for the scheme has been immense. But it some other states it is still low. In states like UP, a lot has been done under the scheme. But in states like Delhi, a lot has to be done. In the last 2 year, the central government hasn’t been able to spend a penny out of Rs. 40 Crore allocated.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana: Most of the graduates of the country has been termed has unemployable because they lack skill. So in order to provide some skill to those youth the scheme was launched. According to a data released in July 2017 over 30 Lakh have been trained under the scheme. Out of that only, 3 lakh have been able to secure the job. This can’t be counted among the Modi Government achievements.
You were reading the list of government schemes and achievements.
Modi Government Review of Armed Forces (Achievements/Failures)
Armed forces have always been the backbone of a country. In a country like ours where we are surrounded by enemies on both sides make it a more vital aspect. Just like the previous government the current government hasn’t been able to do much. Our armed forces still lack ammunition to stand a war of 7 days. And as per the reports, the current equipment with them are outdated and need to be updated with more technological one. Moreover, the reports of bad food that is being provided to the personnel in the lower ranks have created a chaos in the forces. In our navy, we lack Warship and new warships need to be in alignment with the forces. Same is the case with the Airforce where we lack fighter planes and the ones being imported puts a lot of pressure on the government. So a cheaper source has to be found to reduce monetary pressure. Read Review of Indian Defence here.
Review of Highway Construction Under Modi Government (Achievements)
As per the data provided by the Government, the construction of highway per day has been doubled in the span of 4 years. Rules have been changed to accommodate quick decision making. As per the data available the highways are being constructed at a rate of 27 km per day. Rules have been changed for measuring the length of the highway being constructed but still, the Modi government has done exceptionally well when it comes to highway construction. This year the goal is ti achieve a record of 42 km per day. And if that happens it is going to be the biggest achievement of Modi Government.
Modi Government performance till now in the Job Sector
Before coming to power Mr. Modi has promised around 2 crore jobs per year. The promise seemed to be a blessing in disguise for the Indian youth who has been unemployed for long. But the happiness didn’t last long. The jobs promised by Modi are still to be seen in the tenure of current Modi government. According to an article published by The Hindustan Times, the unemployment in 2015-16 rose to 5% from 4.9% in 2014-15. Also in an Economic Survey labor ministry stated that the Employment Growth has been sluggish. What’s worse are the comments of our beloved Prime Minister regarding jobs in the country, showcasing only the achievements. In his recent speech in Assembly mentioned how employment opportunities would be 1 crore if each of law graduate, an MBBS or an engineer would give 4 others two practice under them. Giving such useless facts about jobs is has been refraining the positive Modi Government performance till now. The government needs to work hard in order to provide employment opportunities to the youngsters.
Modi Government Review- The Kashmir Issue
Modi Government performance till now will be incomplete without discussing the Kashmir issue. Kashmir was and will be an integral part of the country. But the way different governments have dealt with it makes me wonder if any party really cares about Kashmir. During the UPA regime when some of the army personnel were killed in a ceasefire, it was Modi who assured us two heads in place of two. It’s been 4 years but nothing can be seen. There has been an unrest in Kashmir since 2016 and to add more to the woes the alliance between BJP and PDP has done wonders. The only thing that the current government did was to organize a surgical strike and advertise it as the biggest achievement to date in the history of any government. A lot more is expected from the current government but a little has been done. This however has refrained the Modi Government performance till now, and its achievements.
Final words on Modi Government performance till now
The GDP growth under the Modi Government has been shabby. Criteria for calculating GDP has been changed but that too didn’t help. Mob Lynching has been an issue for the government. They have failed to take strict measures against the people and to fulfill the list of government schemes set.
The beef is the most talked topic in the country. Even after knowing the fact that we are one of the largest exporters of Beef in the world. And a BJP minister in GOA claims that there would be no beef shortage in the city, shows the double standard of BJP and its people.
The topic that has been untouched everywhere is Government Banks asking you to have a certain amount deposited in your account to avoid the maintenance charge. The State Bank of India would now fine you for not maintaining a balance of INR 5000 in your account. People are not allowed to take the money which belongs to them We do admit the fact that it would help the government more money. But why to burden innocent people who have been paying other taxes as well.
The prices of Petrol has been a great issue over the span of your years. Once Modi ji talked of Petrol being INR 40 per Litre but now we talk about it being INR 60 once. Same is the case withe the diesel.
As a whole, Modi Government performance till now stayed as an average. The promises made were huge, and so were the expectations. And Mr. Modi hasn’t been able to live up to the expectations. A lot could have been done. Demonetization was one of the moves that backfired for the government and it is yet to recover from the loss that it garnered. With almost 8 months left in the elections, the government would want to showcase its achievements to the people. So the fate of BJP or primarily Mr. Modi depends on how well they advertise the list of government schemes, which they themselves set.
This is purely our take on the Modi Government performance till now.